We provide Respite Care services by a qualified respite worker in accordance with your doctor’s orders and under the close supervision of a Registered Nurse or therapist.
The Respite Care worker is supervised every two (2) weeks by the nurse or appropriate therapist. Respite workers meet all requirements for competency and training by federal and state regulations.
Respite Workers are selected on the basis of such factors as:
- A sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick
- Ability to read, write and carry out medical directions
- The ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
Respite Care services include, but are not limited to:
- The first visit is made within one week of referral unless otherwise specified by your doctor or requested by you, the client (with permission by the physician).
- Assistance in maintaining personal hygiene
- Assistance with ambulation and exercises as appropriate
- Planning and preparing meals
- Maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Assisting with medications that are ordinarily self-administered (as allowed by state regulations)
- Performing certain treatments when ordered by your doctor and approved, instructed, and supervised by the nurse or therapist and allowed by state regulations
- Reporting to the supervisor any change in your mental or physical condition or in the home situation
- Documenting clinical notes
- Participation in case conferences, staff meetings, and in-service programs as needed
For more information on our Respit Care services please Contact Us Today!